Classroom Teaching Assistant
Are you a friendly and supportive individual wanting to aid the learning environment of a Year 3 Class in a mainstream primary school?
Teaching Personnel are working with a mainstream primary school in Knowsley, L34 who is seeking a full time Teaching Assistant to join their Year 3 Class. The role is 5 days per week.
The role would entail supporting the class Teacher and pupils. You will be responsible for running group sessions, 1-1 interventions, general class support during lessons, break time cover and other general assistive duties. You will also help with pupil assessments and feedback for teachers and carers. You will also support a child on a 1-1 basis who is on a pathway to being diagnosed via an EHCP. You will ensure their emotional and academic needs are met and that they are progressing well each week. You will also provide updates to parents and carers where needed and keep a log of progress for records.
- Hours approximately 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Year 3 Class Teaching Assistant
- £10.77 - £13 per hour
- Knowsley area.
• Providing support within the classroom wherever required
• Delivering activities on one-to-one or small group basis
• Ensuring children are engaged
• Adapting to every individual pupil's needs
• Helping with behaviour management of children
• Creating displays of children's work
• Friendly, empathetic and motivating
• Attentive to needs of pupils
• Strong regard for pupil safety-and well being
• Caring, patient, and understanding
• Motivating with ability to engage pupils
• Good ability to manage behaviour
• Reliable and committed fully to each lesson assisted
To be put forward for this position you must either be registered or be prepared to register with Teaching Personnel, to go through all of the necessary vetting procedures. If you have similar previous experience and you would like to be put forward for this position, please apply ASAP with a copy of your up to date CV for immediate consideration.