Our culinary team leader manages the Restaurant team and keeps the Market District kitchen running like a well-oiled machine. You will collaborate with our Sous chefs and other Team Members to develop and execute our recipesto perfection, and you're also the one who our guests look to for guidance on the best sides to pair with their main course. Who You Are:At work and at play, you are a leader at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to cultivate an amazing team and have the ability to inspire Team Members to enjoy this delicious culinary journey with you. You are creative with cuisine, and love to lead the way for others to foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you; you're passionate about the business, the trends, and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple "What's for dinner?" and every opportunity to connect with people of different backgrounds is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our leadership team is the cream of the crop and ensures that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Experience Required: Minimum of ten years experience as Executive Chef with Multiunit food and beverage operational experience in hotels, restaurants & Country Clubs; Possess strong organizational skills to function effectively and attention to detail, while meeting established deadlines. Excellent customer service skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity software (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.); Possess overall knowledge of current culinary trends food quality and food and beverage preparation and presentation; Proven leadership experience in a complex environment with multiple direct reports.; Excellent culinary and food processing skills; Experience in ordering, inventory maintenance, and shrink control;
Ability to maintain an efficient operation, troubleshoot and report any malfunctions of equipment;
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety; Alcohol awareness and Serve Safe training certified
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the Restaurant team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Inspire the Restaurant team and our guests with innovative recipes, bringing a personal love of food to the table to drive our business and expand our offerings. Create new recipes and see your passion come to life on our shelves!
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by encouraging sampling and suggesting as much as possible, while also managing shrink.
- Drive profitability by partnering with catering team and local businesses to make Market District the preferred source for corporate and community events.
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business plans, and know that collaboration across all levels of the company and store will make those ideas come to life.
- Responsible for the total operation and financial results of the restaurant, kitchen, Grab `n Go case, banquet facility
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Set budget, profitability and earnings targets using appropriate forecasting methods.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes for café specials and specialty events as needed.
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality. Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
- Plan and price menus; Must have experience in standardizing recipes, plating and costing of menus.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Directly supervise kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, on boarding, developing, performance and discipline.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area throughout the kitchen, walk-ins and storage areas.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishment/presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Build high performing teams by established operating principles and approaches to handling conflict and barriers. Identify talent needs to form highly effective teams.
- Lead by example in collaboration, teaming and supportiveness. Motivate and inspire the high performance contribution of teams
- Mentor others and create an environment that supports and encourages individual ownership of development.
- Develop successors and talent pools to establish greater "bench strength" linked to the company's future strategic direction. Identify, address, and resolve critical gaps in the organization's strategic talent pools.
- Address career development, work environment, and life balance issues to ensure that the organization retains talented people.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including opening, closing, holidays and weekend shifts
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team, focusing on respect, setting an exemplary example, and remembering that food is FUN! Recognition, team development and continuously raising the bar should be second nature in this role.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.