Join the Cleveland Clinic team at Main Campus where you will work with talented caregivers to provide world-class care. As an organization dedicated to the well-being of both employees and patients, Cleveland Clinic has been named one of the country's Best Workplaces in Health Care. We are committed to serving the community and treating our patients as family on a day-to-day basis.
As a Cardiac Sonographer, you will perform diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics on patients. Your primary duties will include:
- Setting up equipment and manually maneuvers transducers prior to exams.
- Following safety standards and performing quality control procedures.
- Performing routine studies and assisting physicians with imaging procedures.
- Recognizing structures, artifacts, pathology, and equipment limitations.
The Ideal Candidate is someone who:
- Currently has a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Shows empathy and compassion in a patient-centered environment.
- Can multitask in a stressful environment.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand in hand.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography or Vascular Technology, or graduate of a cardiac ultrasound program (minimum of 18 month program).
- New hires must obtain the Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) credential from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or the Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) credential from Cardiac Credentialing International within one year of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated knowledge of m-mode, 2D and Doppler calculations and cardiac hemodynamics.
- Familiar with computers and ability to learn related programs.
- Graduate of a cardiac ultrasound program (minimum of 18 month program); and/or two years full-time echo experience.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; must lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to assist with transport of patients, i.e., pushing beds, stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Requires the ability to maneuver equipment and motor coordination to operate equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
keywords: sonographer, ultrasound tech, cardiovascular tech, vascular tech, vascular technology