Our Baker is a key player in making sure our Bakery products look and taste amazing. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service, you'll be responsible for using the best ingredients to craft the most delicious selection for our guests. As a Team Member, you'll be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Bakery team, your primary responsibility will be preparing and baking the products to ensure only the freshest are available.
- Experience Required: Satisfactory completion of job specific skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Bakery or related industry
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Perform bench work according to established scratch procedures when necessary.
- Prepare product and form product to specifications as required according to scratch recipes.
- Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as specified by recipe.
- Prepare Bakery products according to established recipes which include scratch recipes.
- Properly insert products into proof box, set controls, and close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established procedures.
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to preserve freshness.
- Kindly answer questions and resolve problems to ensure guest requirements are met.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques and provide active sampling when appropriate.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Bake prepared and scratch product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency procedures, clean-ups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to ensure department standards are met.
- Understand all the ingredients and purpose of each used in manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking operation including all scratch recipes.
- Assist in other areas as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.