ART AND DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHING ASSISTANTS REQUIRED - Secondary School
£80-£90 per day
ASAPVeritas are currently working with a secondary school based in in the Barnet area who require an Art and Design Technology teaching assistant. The ideal candidate will be dedicated and enthusiastic and will be a positive influence & role model for young students. The position will involve supporting KS3 and KS4 students in a classroom setting. You will be available to work full time for the academic year starting asap.
Whilst we consider graduates across all degree backgrounds, for this particular role we are interested in graduates with a degree in art, design and technology, or related subjects.
You will ideally have some sort of experience in working with young people, perhaps you may have an interest in teaching in the future. Experience or knowledge in working with young people with learning difficulties would be beneficial. You will be empathetic, resilient, and confident with behaviour management.
- working proactively to help students achieve their attainment levels
- encourage students to engage proactively with their learning
- helping to provide a safe environment for children to learn.
- assisting the teacher in areas also including behaviour management, consistently promoting positive behaviour, and in assisting with their general learning and development.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Art and Design Technology experience and knowledge
- Experience working with children or young adults
- Strong behaviour management
- Resilient and patient
The roles we offer are on supply basis, they may be long term or short term, including daily supply. We occasionally place permanenet support staff in schools. The candidate will need to have a DBS on the update service - if you do not have one you will need to apply for one which you can do so through Veritas.
At Veritas we pride ourselves on providing an honest and reliable recruitment service through designated consultants, we also offer attractive rates of pay and offer full support from start to finish of your placement.
If you wish to be considered please respond to this advert by sending your up to date CV.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'