Market Job Description
The APAC Senior Compliance Specialist supports the APAC Compliance team with planning and implementation of high priority regulatory compliance projects and initiatives. Responsibilities
1. Planning and reporting
- Keep abreast the development of the assigned projects / initiatives
- Identify the necessary tasks, and determine and propose appropriate timelines and milestones
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders through management reporting and address any request for information from project teams and management, as necessary
- Engage stakeholders to ensure the relevant resources are in place to support the implementation of the assigned projects / initiatives
- Coordinate and support the oversight of the implementation of assigned projects / initiatives
- Review information received from various teams to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Facilitate the gap analysis on processes and controls with front line, Compliance, and other relevant stakeholders
- Maintain and consolidate comments and feedback from all relevant stakeholders
- Determine intersections with other relevant risk and control related projects / initiatives, liaising with other risk coverage teams as necessary
- Maintain a central repository of artifacts, and maintain records as directed
- Organize calls/meeting and follow up with stakeholders to ensure completion of deliverables within the prescribed timeframe
3. Executing deliverables
- Coordinate any required updates to the Wells Fargo system of record
- Facilitate review and support the creation of regulatory obligations
- Develop and advise on Compliance controls that supports the ongoing execution of the Compliance Program including policies and procedures, training, and compliance monitoring.
- Contribute to the review of technology solutions developed for the assigned projects / initiatives
- Support and assist stakeholders for the timely completion of deliverables
- Prepare and communicate reporting with respect to the management of obligations and guidance, and any associated controls and gaps.
- Contribute to the development of a model that ensures ongoing sustainability of implemented deliverables
- Undertake and support any other duties and ad hoc tasks as assigned by APAC Compliance management
The ideal candidate will have:
We Value Diversity
- Educated to relevant degree level, ideally with at least 7 years of experience in relevant areas such as regulatory compliance, audit or regulatory consulting gained from top tier wholesale bank or major consultancy firm (i.e., banking / product knowledge is required).
- Knowledge of APAC regulatory environment and how these requirements apply to a business is essential. Familiarity with U.S. banking, securities and bank holding company laws and regulations is an advantage.
- The candidate must have project and stakeholder management skills, as well as analytical skills with experience in collecting, analyzing and synthesizing information on various subjects.
- Detail oriented, strong interpersonal, communication (written and presentation), time management skills and organizational abilities are essential with an ability to liaise with different levels of employees, including senior management, in a clear manner.
- A self-starter who is proactive with ability to identify key issues, learn new concepts, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis.
- IT literate - including Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and other reporting tools but also able to understand use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.